Help and information about Zoloft side effects.

Zoloft Lawyers

If you or a loved one gave birth to a child with heart defects or other congenital birth defects after taking Zoloft during pregnancy, you may have questions about whether you are entitled to file a lawsuit. Speaking with an experienced attorney is the first step to determining if you may be eligible to receive compensation for the injuries suffered by your child.

Researchers have uncovered strong evidence that taking Zoloft while pregnant can increase a child’s risk of birth defects. According to two studies published in the New England Journal of Medicine, pregnant women who take Zoloft are twice as likely to give birth to a child with heart defects such as ventricular outflow defects and septal defects, and six times more likely to give birth to a child with persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN).

In 2006, the Food and Drug Administration issued a warning about the increased risk of birth defects faced by children whose mothers took Zoloft during pregnancy. However, despite this warning, the FDA has not announced any plans to issue a Zoloft recall over the side effects associated with the drug.

Many families of children whose mothers used antidepressants during pregnancy and gave birth to a child with birth defects have filed lawsuits against the manufacturers of these drugs. These lawsuits have alleged that drugmakers failed to properly warn pregnant women or their doctors about the risks of side effects from using antidepressants while pregnant.

In addition to birth defects such as septal and outflow defects or PPHN, children were diagnosed with any of the following conditions and whose mother took Zoloft while pregnant may be eligible to file a lawsuit:

  • Omphalocele
  • Spina Bifida
  • Club foot
  • Cleft palate
  • Cleft lip





To speak with a Zoloft lawyer about your case, contact the law firm of Hissey Kientz, LLP for a free legal consultation. You can reach us by calling toll-free at 1-866-275-4454, or by filling out the free case evaluation form located on this page.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation.

I am currently represented by an attorney.
*Required fields